Getting Lexmark Pro900 to work again in Linux

I’ve been struggling for a little while with my printer (which was working perfectly a while back)

First had to get the drivers

Then was having the “Insecure permissions” issue, solved with:

sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/lexmark/v3/bin
sudo chgrp root /usr/local/lexmark/v3/bin/printfilter

And that still didn’t help, I finally found this link which reminded me I was running Ubuntu and it has AppArmour running, which was causing the issue.

After sorting that out I still had a “libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory” error with was fixed with:

apt-get install lib32stdc++6

Sometimes I hate computers, but at least I managed to get this silly thing to print 😉